In the meantime, Morgan has been cheering about skipping out on his daily chore of washing dishes while I begrudgingly add another task to my list. Having two guys in the house who can only use one hand is seriously lame. Good thing my lawn mowing days are numbered! And, thank you to the sweet neighbor who mowed it for me last week. After an evening in the Urgent Care with Morgan, I didn't have the energy to refuse the help.
| Jim and Morgan 10/13/14 |
Well, the star of our blog probably needs a little spotlight time, too. Jim saw the dermatologist today and had his chemo wrap changed again. The doc thought his skin looked like the chemo was working as hoped. In the pictures, the dark blackish spots are cancer. When I asked for info for the update, Jim said he is completely sick of all of it - the endless appointments, the gloves, the itching and burning, and the seemingly constant need to explain his one glove. Amen. I feel the exact same way - so, so sick of it. Wasn't this journey supposed to be over this summer???
| Jim's Right Hand - 10/14/14. Two weeks of chemo cream. |
| Jim's Right Hand - 10/14/14. Two weeks of chemo cream. |
I am inspired, however, by all the ways my one-handed men are adapting to their world. I overheard a couple of little tips pass between father and son regarding how to open jars or how to take a shower. We can do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment